Canberra & ACT
Canberra House, ACT
Popular Places: Canberra, Snowy Mountains, Tumbarumba, Braidwood, Jervis Bay, Montague Island.
- Australia’s capital Canberra is just over three hours’ drive from Sydney, or less than seven from Melbourne, and is the seat of Australian Government.
- Canberra is a young and modern city with a population of 329,000. Today people of the world meet in Canberra - through the national Parliament, universities and a vibrant diplomatic community.
- Canberra's special contrast of nature and urban living was planned to perfection in 1911 by Canberra's master designer, Walter Burley Griffin. He certainly had the tourist in mind when he designed Canberra, with most of the city's attractions within easy walking distance of one another, and a few no more than a 10 minute drive from the city centre.
- Canberra is located 150 kilometres inland, and 571 metres above the Pacific Ocean. Situated in the 2349.4 square kilometre Australian Capital Territory (not including Jervis Bay), the city is surrounded by national parks, bush and mountain ranges.
- Outside of Canberra, the surrounding region includes historic townships, natural wonders, beautiful coastlines and the famous Snowy Mountains.
- Head to the Snowy Mountains and experience alpine wildflowers, ski resorts, fishing, mountain bike riding, glacial lakes, wild brumbies, trekking, horseriding and more, including Australia’s highest point, Mt Kosciuszko.
- The Capital Country region surrounding the A.C.T offers world-class arts and crafts, historic villages, manicured gardens, stunning nature, gourmet delights and no less than three wine regions to travel through in your motorhome.
- Just two hours’ drive south of Canberra are the unspoilt coastlines of the South Coast.
- Click here for Canberra Campervan Rentals