RV Rental Checklist
I found this post recently on Dave Corby's RV Rental blog
- though the blog hasn't been updated in a wee while (27-Apr-2006 last at the time of this post), the Common Mistakes of RV Rentals
has some invaluable tips for planning your next RV holiday:
- Planning to do too much.
- Driving too fast or too long.
- Forgetting their unit is wider, longer, taller and heavier than the vehicle they are used to driving.
- Driving into areas, such as parking lots, without first planning how to drive out.
- Assuming their rental unit will have a TV, VCR, and/or Entertainment Center.
- Assuming their unit will be delivered with all of the equipment and supplies needed to actually live in it.
- Not allowing enough time for just enjoying the RV lifestyle.
- Planning to eat all of their meals out . . . or planning to prepare all of their own meals.
- Rushing through the dealer’s pre-delivery orientation.
- Not paying attention to their monitor panel.
- Driving with the water heater or water pump on.
- Failure to Use Checklists
- Hesitating to ask questions of other RVers.