Senior PHP Developer, 10,000+ miles away
So you know you’re a great PHP programmer and you want work that keeps your life interesting. Then why do something really radical - turn your world upside down and shift down under to New Zealand and work with us!
iMall Brands is world class e-commerce company based in Auckland, New Zealand and we’re currently on the hunt for 5 senior PHP programmers. We have 80 staff worldwide, with offices in Auckland, Melbourne, London and Shenzhen, but most of the dev is done in Auckland because it's a nice place to live.
What we offer:
- Your airfares to New Zealand paid and help to sort out your work NZ work visa/residency.
- A competitive wage of 85k NZD
- A desk in our outstanding offices in downtown Auckland
- Colleagues who know what they’re doing - our programming team is small but prodigious, consisting of 1 Slovenian, 2 Russians, 1 Chinese and a Kiwi. We also outsource to programmers all over the planet.
- A 'sweet as' laid back kiwi lifestyle with beaches and barbecues never to far away!
About the job:
As an integral part of this IT team, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing the company' current in house applications. You need the ability to multi-task, have strong technical knowledge and a sense of humor!
Requirements for this role:
- Minimum of 3-4 years PHP development experience, with a strong focus on PHP 5 development and OO development practices.
- Experience in application development (not just websites, but applications)
- MySQL database administration
- HTML, CSS, UI Design experience. You must have a sound understanding of best practice cross-browser support and Web standards based development.
- Experience in client-server application development.
- Experience with development support tools such as SVN, Wiki based documentation tools and project management software.
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix systems and IP networking.
- Strong attention to detail - especially around application security and standards.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Logical, methodical and accurate work practices
- building, testing and implementing approved work requests and projects
- correctly developing systems and system changes that meet user requirements
- ensuring that coding and testing is performed correctly
- following and understanding existing processes
- working effectively and contributing to the overall success of own team
If you’re interested email us at email@example.com