US RV Market - Great news for some bad news for othersHere's a look a quick look at the headlines in Google News for 'RV Rental' taken today:
- Flat visitor season anticipated in Alaska thanks to high price of gas
- Camping World/FreedomRoads Announces Expansion Into RV Rental Market
- RV Rentals Up Despite Rising Fuel Costs
- The Demise of the RV
- Big cars take big hit in light of gas
- Despite fuel costs, demand for rental motor homes rolls on
- RV sales travel off course
- Cost, variety make RVs a good deal for families
- Sales of big RVs take a dive as fuel stops cost drivers $600
- Tourism feeling effects of high gas prices
- Manufacturers are struggling - with Petrol prices high, economy going into recession, RV's are a luxury that Americans are not likely to purchase.
- RV Rentals Companies are doing well - but only some markets. US Dollar is down, Euro is up. The travel-happy British, Germans and other Europeans are coming to America in droves to take advantage of this. However, this seems to be in only popular tourist areas such as California and Florida. Other areas like the American midwest which are common destinations for foreigners have to rely on penny pinching Americans to hire their vehicles (though in the long run - renting an RV is a bargain when considering all the costs).
Thats all for now :)