Where to start your German Motorhome Holiday - top 10 pick up locations
If you are interested in travelling to Germany, there are many great places to start your campervan holiday. Here is a list of the top most popular pick up locations for RV Rentals in Germany:
Frankfurt: Considered the financial centre of Europe, many travellers elect to start there journey here for its convenience to major airports and also it proximity to central Germany.
- Munich - A traditional favourite amongst travellers, there is much more to Munich that just the Oktoberfest. With its mix of both historic and modern areas, Munich was named a top destination by National Geographic Traveller.
- Hamburg - For those wanted to start a northern European roadtrip, many go Hamburg. Hamburg is the tranportation hub for Northern Germany and is 2.5 hours from the Danish and Dutch borders.
- Dusseldorf - In the lower Rhine and just over an hour away from Belgium and then Netherlands, Dusselfdorf is a major arts centre for Europe making it a popular place to start a roadtrip.
- Stuttgart - If you love motor vehicles, there is no question why Stuttgart - home to Mercedes and Porsche is on the list! The home of the automobile would be the perfect way to start your German roadtrip!
- Berlin - The capital city and largest city of Germany brings in over 135 million tourists each year. Its location in the heart of former DDR makes it a popular loccation for those who want to use as a starting point to get off the beaten path.
- Mannheim - Located in Southwest Germany, may not be on the top of many traveller's list but for those who want France and Luxembourg (just over 2 hours away) its an ideal starting point. Also Luisenpark is consider one of the loveliest parks in Europe!
- Dortmund - Known for its music and Dortmunder style beer, Dortmund is another lesser known but great option to start your German Motorhome Holiday
- Isny - Where is Isny? Its located in extreme south of Germany. It is just an hour away from Austria and the beautiful lake Constance. It is a popular amongst the locals as a resort town but its slowly and of course is a great place to start off your roadtrip!
- Lorrach - Here is another location you may not have considered. Lorrach is a great location if you want to see Germany, France and Switzerland. Oh for you chocolate lovers, the Milka factory is located there!
|Hohenzllern Castle near Stuttgart by Trodel |
Click here a complete list of german motorhome pickup locations
, and go to Motorhome Rental Germany
for a great deal on German RV Rentals