Drive around Acadia National Park in Maine
This figure 8 drive on Maines Mount Desert Island features some of the most beautiful scenery found anywhere in the United States. Though its popular in Autumn, anytime of year is great to see 47,000 acres of Acadia National Park's wilderness Area. Give yourself at least 2 days to enjoy most of the sights here.
- Bar Harbor - the 'capital' of Acadia National Park - here you can enjoy the laidback fishing village. See some of the old remaing 'cottages' that used to be part of "Millionaires Row" that were destroyed by a fire in 1947.
- Acadia National Park. Explore more than 120 Miles of hiking trails and 16 lakes and ponds open to watercraft.
- Park Loop Road - take this 20 mile side trip and see some of the best sights Acadia Park has to offer
- Cadillac Mountain - Named after a French explorer and not the car, its the highest point on Mount Desert Island. It is 466 metres (1528 ft) high and offers some of the best views of the area.
- Go to Southwest Harbor and enjoy the delicious lobster!
- Photography - Check out Bob Atkins photography guide for photography at
- Cranberry Isles - take a ferry and visit the charming Cranberry Isles off the coast of Mount Dessert Islands
- Bangor, ME 50 miles, 1 hour
- Portland, ME 161 miles, 3.5 hours
- Kittery, ME 211 miles, 4.5 hours
- Boston, MA 264 miles, 6 hours
- New York, NY 492 miles, 10 hours
- Saint John, New Brunswick 227 miles, 5 hours
- Montreal, Quebec 424 miles, 8 hours
- Halifax, Nova Scotia 500 miles, 10 hours